Organizer at the 2021 London RISC OS Show
Saturday 30 October 2021******
Organizer 2.29 and Organizer/RPCEmu at discount prices
RPCEmu version with easy networking and now available as a download
Organizer, the personal information manager for all RISC OS platforms, will be at London Show with its latest version, updated with a number of bug fixes and small improvements.
The latest version of Organizer, v2.29b, is also available installed on the RPCEmu emulator, with its recently introduced easy networking, to run on a Windows machine. With the inclusion of programmes such as Netsurf, Store and Tapirmail, you can access RISC OS websites and news, easily download ancillary programmes, and view your email on the go. This makes it ideal for working with access to all your personal information (diary, addresses etc) when away from your main machine. With a zip file of under 50Mb, it takes about two minutes to download to your PC. And it is still be available on a USB stick.
Organizer 2.29 follows an extensive period of work to upgrade the programme by developer Martin Avision. Upgrading the Address Book's vCard format to v3.0 represents a major step towards secure synchronisation across platforms. This follows the cloning facility introduced in v2.16, and data encryption in v2.26. Upgrading to vCard 3.0 will now make it possible to synchronise Address data with other devices using the CardDAV protocol and will maintain Organizer as an es ential RISC OS programme.
Among the immediate advantages are improved Address export scripts, allowing, for instance, photos to be exported with other information. The photo size has also been increased from 30k to 128k, offering better definition photos - a step towards the Instagram age.
There are also improvements in other sections, including new iCal export scripts for exchanging information with Google Calendar and other programs; an even bigger 32-column, 364-day planner window in the Diary; new ToDo List menus; and improved messages and help for the cloning facility.
Under-the-hood changes include replacing an ageing 26-bit compression programme with a new 32-bit programme, which crunches down the 40,000 lines of code by 80%; and better memory chaining for improved stability and maintenance.
Full price for Organizer 2.29b (including email support) for new users and users of earlier versions is £35. (It is FREE for users of Organizer 2.29x)
***SPECIAL LONDON SHOW 2021 PRICES***
Prices online at www.organizerpim.co.uk will be:
* £20 for users of v2.28x (Full price £25).
* £25 for users of v2.26 (Full price £30).
* £30 for new users and those upgrading from earlier versions (Full price £35).
The new version of Organizer/RPCEmu (which includes the zip file of Organizer 2.29 for installation of a native RISC OS platform) is offered at:
* £25 for users of v2.28x.
* 30 for users of v2.26
* £35 for users of earlier versions and new users.
Among the more than 200 changes from v2.10, there are also a host of minor enhancements, such an improved Calendar layout, the ability to change fonts in Choices, and more flexible units for Alarm setting (hrs:mins etc). In addition, there are many bug fixes, particularly to resolve issues with the growing number of RISC OS platforms. And of course, those who upgrade to Organizer 2.29 will receive free updates and continuing email support.
Organizer is a personal information manager for the RISC OS operating system, which runs on all versions of the operating system (Risc OS 3.5 and above), on native ARM-based systems or under emulation. It contains all the main features of an Organiser - Calendar, Diary, Anniversaries, Address book, ToDo section, plus Notes and Journal facilities - within a simple, user-friendly graphical interface. To see what it looks like, see the Screen-Shots. It is developed by Martin Avison for North One Communications Ltd.
The main features include:
- Diary, including alarm database and task alarms
- Address book
- ToDo section
- iCal Import/Export to exchange Diary data with programmes such as Google Calendar, Mozilla Sunbird and MS Outlook
- CSV import/export of Addresses from/to other databases
- Iconbar clock: analogue, digital, free memory display
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time switching, it even knows the dates
- Hotlinks to Web-browsers and Mailers
- Multilingual. Currently, including English, German, French, Dutch and Icelandic
- Interactive help, plus StrongHelp and HTML, PDF, and Writer manuals
- How to do it guides to key new features
Key features added in Version 2.1x:
- Add thumbnail pictures into the Address Book
- New easier-to-use Address Book data-entry window
- Improved handling of multiple Diary entries
- Choice of colours and borders for the iconbar icon
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes.
And now with Version 2.2x:
- Option to start the week on a Sunday for the Diary and Calendar
- Facility to order the Addresses by Organisation/Contact
- Now possible to use 16-million colours instead of just 16
- Improved operation of Export scripts for email lists, labelling etc
- Option to have a single-page display to save screen space.
Organizer 2.2x works with all current machines and RISC OS 3..50 or later, including Raspberry Pi, the Armini, BeagleBoard and PandaBoard systems, and the Virtual Acorn and RPCEmu emulators.
All these functions with an attractive graphical and easy-to-use interface - and more to come, with regular bug fixes and enhancements for registered users.
Please send suggestions for further improvements by email.
How to get Organizer
There are two versions of Organizer currently available:
- Version 1.60 is shareware so you can simply download it to try out the basic programme. (It's also needed to upgrade to Organizer 2 from versions earlier than v1.60.)
- Organizer 2.29 costs £35 to new users and users of earlier versions and £25 to users of Organizer 2.28x (£30 from v2.26)
Click here to order.